Okay. This is going to be shorter than my other posts because I'm really busy because I'm EIGHT hours away from arriving in Japan!! It hasn't hit me yet but I'm sure it will as soon as I walk up to breakfast tomorrow and make my way into Yokohama, Japan!
No major plans for the day just exploring and stuff. We have to go through immigrations and customs. For this the Japanese require a temperature check through a thermo something or nother, and an electronic finger print. If you don't do either of these you wont be let off the boat- of if you have a temperature!
Anyways after Yokohama tomorrow I'm going to a SAS arranged tour of Tokyo, which is like a half hour away. After the tour I'm getting off the bus with Lis, while still in Tokyo, and attempting to meet Steph at what is apparently the busiest cross walk in the entire world. So that'll be interesting.
We are traveling with Rina. She is an interpret student we've had on the ship since Hawaii. Shell be getting off in our second Japan port, Kobe, where she lives and that's where her SAS voyage will end. But we all became good friends with her so we are going to travel with her all through Japan. We got very lucky because she speaks pretty good English and obviously can speak Japanese, so the language barrier wont really be an issue!
So were meeting her at the crosswalk where were meeting steph.
Once we meet well spend the day and night in Tokyo. The next morning well spend part of the day in Tokyo and then take a train (yes the Bullet train!) to Kyoto where we will spend the night. Then we will spend the next day in Kyoto for a while and take the 20minute train ride to Kobe where we will spend time at and spend the night at Rinas Grandparents house. I cant wait to be able to do a legit Japanese home stay!
After the home stay we are going to head back to the ship which we will meet in Kobe and then depart from Kobe the 13th of February which will most likely still be the 12th back home.
Then..TWO days till China!!!
We have so much planned in Japan and once I get back I will have so much to write. I'm still trying to figure out pictures so hopefully they'll start working. Ill be taking lots of pictures and videos in Japan. I cant wait.
sorry this is so short and not very detailed. I have so much to do in such little time!
No comments:
Post a Comment